Profile Links Tagboard Others

My Reflection Friday 26 August 2011

Sunday 4 September 2011 @ 09:43


Quiz Already...I tried.

After going through finding out how many quarters in  1 and with all the models drawn, I am still not getting it. I have to ponder, visualize and talk to myself again and again to see  'it'. I was thinking for a while going through the models and drawing it out.. so for my K2s, I would continue using concrete and assess the understanding of each child.

Dr Yap explained about the level  in assessment: knowledge - comprehension - application (KCA). I agree that as educators we have to avoid being the external stimulus for children to verify that they are correct therefore we have to relearn to question them, be neutral and support them. Throughout the week's lecture, Dr Yap has modeled ways to stimulate our thinking by asking questions "Are you sure? Can you explain"....for a very long time! But its all worth it!!

Then came lesson 19, we did the joining of dots to create triangles and squares. I could use this activity as a tuning in prior to lesson to find polygons of many sides. I reflected on Peggy's activity to using the cubelinks to create formations using  5 cubes, that I could use to tap on the children's creativity and assessing them (KCA).

I would want to do more readings on the types of assessment for Mathematics for young children.








0 comments


Fingerprints

Noorlinda Buang

class: bsc05
x